Sub-project Increase the effectiveness of treatment and prevention of cardiovascular diseases in Rivne region for the period of 2015-2020
In 2012, the Government of Ukraine initiated the development of the project Serving People, Improving Health with the support of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the World Bank).
The Project covers 8 regions of Ukraine.
The Project is funded under the Loan Agreement between the World Bank and the Government of Ukraine providing for the Bank's funding in the amount of 250 million USD with Ukraine's co-funding of 10% of the loan amount.
Rivne region participates in the Project with the subproject Increase the effectiveness of treatment and prevention of cardiovascular diseases in Rivne region for the period of 2015-2020.
The Subproject funding consists of: the funds of the World Bank in the amount of 25 million USD, and the funds of the regional budget in the amount of 2.5 million USD.
Key objectives of the Subproject in Rivne region:
- Improve the functioning and interaction of primary, secondary and tertiary units that provide care for patients with CVD (cardiovascular diseases).
- Improve CVD prevention awareness among the general public.
To achieve the objectives, the Subproject plan covers:
- Capital repairs and reconstruction of 105 primary-level medical care units (rural health posts and PHC ambulatories). The facilities are located in all districts of the region.
- Procurement of medical equipment for the Cardiovascular Center of Rivne Region Clinical Hospital (RRCH), PHC ambulatories, central district and city/town hospitals.
- Procurement of medical products for the Cardiovascular Center of RRCH.
- Procurement of 18 class B road ambulances for central district and city/town hospitals.
- Development and introduction of software for maintaining electronic register of high-risk groups with the integration into the state eHealth system.
- Establishment of medical care units data processing center.
- Introduction of a comprehensive information security system.
- Development and support of a web portal on cardiovascular diseases.
- Development of a multimedia training course Working With High-risk Groups.
- An awareness campaign for the promotion of the web portal, the hotline and healthy lifestyle.
- Trainings on prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases for health care personnel (family physicians, MCU professionals and managers).
To meet the requirements and follow the recommendations from the World Bank, a team of consultants (Subproject Support Consultancy Unit) have been contracted on a competitive selection basis.
The Subproject implementation is planned for the period of 2015–2020.
|Title||File ukr||File eng|