Project "Improving health in the service of the people" consists of three components:
1st component "Improvement of service delivery at the regional level" (regional component) will support health care reform at the regional level in 9 selected on a competitive basis regions (Vinnytsia, Volyn, Dnipropetrovsk, Zakarpattia, Zaporohzhia, Lviv, Odesa, Poltava, and Rivne regions).
Within the framework of universal primary objective of improving the prevention and treatment of inot nfectious diseases and not the associated strengthening mechanisms for the provision of services in the areas to be implemented different priority areas, namely:
1) improving primary health care in general;
2) reduction of cardiovascular disease and mortality;
3) early detection and treatment of cancer;
4) rationalization of the system of hospitals and government in it.
2nd component "A public health sector governance improvement" (central component) that will be implemented at the level of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, provides:
1) the development and introduction of new DRG-based financing health care methods
2) the development of public health
3) Information and communication support health care reform and
4) informational support of health
5) strengthening of the institutional capacity of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and areas covered by the project
3rd component "Project management, monitoring and evaluation" is aimed at supporting the Project coordination at the national level, which will be responsible for project implementation and technical assistance areas, as well as undertaking monitoring and evaluation of the project.