Characteristics of the object
The prevalence rate of blood circulatory system diseases (BCSD) in the structure of noninfectious diseases in the region is 26.1%, the highest of all diseases. Meanwhile, the prevalence rate of these diseases is growing. The prevalence rate of blood circulatory system diseases in Rivne region more than doubled over the past 10 years compared to 61,400 per 100,000 of adults in 2012.
Idiopathic hypertensia demonstrates the highest prevalence rate among blood circulatory system diseases: 29,900 per 100,000 of adults. Coronary artery disease prevalence rate is the second highest among blood circulatory system diseases: 21,800 per 100,000 of adults. Over the past 10 years, coronary artery disease prevalence rate has increased by 1.7 times.
Cardiovascular conditions cause almost two thirds of all deaths and one third of disability cases every year. Relative share of mortality from CAD and acute myocardial infarction in the structure of deaths caused by BCSDs in 2012 was appr. 74.8%.
Given the above, the overarching goal of the project is to reduce death and disablement rate caused by blood circulatory system diseases (hereinafter referred to as BCSD), which will be achieved by improving the quality and accessibility of health care in Rivne region.
Sub-project implementation involves:
- Primary Health Care Centers (PHCC),
- central (city/town and district) hospitals,
- region clinical hospital,
- Regional Information Analysis Center of Medical Statistics,
- Health Care Center.
Sub-project implementation control is maintained by the Subproject Management Unit (SMU).
Tentative indicators that will allow to evaluate Subproject operational results:
- reduction of the primary disablement rate caused by blood circulatory system diseases from 11.0 (before the project) to 9.7 (after the project) per 10,000 of adults aged 18 and over;
- reduction of mortality from blood circulatory system diseases from 117.3 (before the project) to 116.3 (after the project) per 10,000 of adults aged 18 and over;
- increase of the funding proportion of primary-level HFS of the region to the amount of secondary-level HFS funding (from 31.5 to 53.0%).
- professional development of health workers providing care for BCSD patients in primary, secondary and tertiary-level health care facilities;
- building of the registry for patients with circulatory system diseases and high-risk groups;
- restructuring of 26 RHPs attending to more than 1,000 patients into 26 PHC ambulatories;
- completion of repairs and reconstruction of 79 active PHCAs;
- improvement of medical aid to patients suffering from BCSD in health care facilities of all levels;
- provision of medical equipment and medical products for the Cardiovascular Center of the Regional Clinical Hospital;
- improvement of BCSD prevention awareness among the general public;
- procurement of 18 class B road ambulances for transportation of patients suffering from BCSD to the Cardiovascular Center of Rivne RCH.
|Title||File ukr||File eng|